Eritrea renovates, expands roads connected with Ethiopia


Eritrea renovates, expands roads connected with Ethiopia
Eritrea renovates, expands roads connected with Ethiopia

Almost 90 percent of the road renovation works in Eritrea that connects to Ethiopia has been done and the remaining 10 percent of the task is expected to be completed in September.

The project is being carried out by a consortium of local construction companies including Adi-Halo, Segen, Gedem, Keyeh-Bahri, Asbeco and Bdeho, as well as with the Eritrean Defense Force.

The Nefasit-Dekemhare road, which is 40 km, Dekemhare- Tera Emni, 29 km, Adi-Kuala- Enda Gergsh, 18 km, Degsa- Serha and Serha-Adi-Keih are all being renovated. As a result, all the bridges on these roads have now been expanded up to 14 m and the roads up to 16 m.

On the Nefasit-Leayten road, three large bridges have been repaired and 11 new small bridges were built. Meanwhile, the Dekemhare – Serha road is also going through the same renovation work. According to the coordinator of the project, Colonel Kflom Gergish, the project started in August 2018 through the road line of Degsa and they have managed to finish the work up to Egela.

The roads are expanded and walls are built along the roadside. Similar to the other roads, the road has been expanded from six m to 12 m and about 25 new bridges have been built. The Adi-Keih-Senafe road is being renovated by the concerted efforts of the Eritrean Defense Force, Asbeco Construction Company and Project Adi-Halo.

The road has been expanded up to 20 m in the first phase and is expected to be covered with tar shortly. Similarly, the Dekemhare-Tera Emni road is also expanded and repaired. The coordinator of the project, Fetwi Zerea, said that the road was only 6m wide in the past but has now been doubled to become 12 m.

Fetwi added that they have also built 25 new bridges. He emphasizes that they are accomplishing the project with their own skills based on the government’s policy of self-reliance.


Like it? Share with your friends!

What's Your Reaction?

hate hate
0
hate
confused confused
0
confused
fail fail
1
fail
fun fun
0
fun
geeky geeky
0
geeky
love love
0
love
lol lol
0
lol
omg omg
0
omg
win win
1
win
Solomon Yimer

0 Comments

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Choose A Format
Personality quiz
Series of questions that intends to reveal something about the personality
Trivia quiz
Series of questions with right and wrong answers that intends to check knowledge
Poll
Voting to make decisions or determine opinions
Story
Formatted Text with Embeds and Visuals
List
The Classic Internet Listicles
Countdown
The Classic Internet Countdowns
Open List
Submit your own item and vote up for the best submission
Ranked List
Upvote or downvote to decide the best list item
Meme
Upload your own images to make custom memes
Video
Youtube, Vimeo or Vine Embeds
Audio
Soundcloud or Mixcloud Embeds
Image
Photo or GIF
Gif
GIF format